Pushbikes is a 100% locally owned business that has been sharing the passion and inspiring others to enjoy the sport for over 20 years in North Canterbury. We have a fun, dynamic team, servicing and working with industry-leading products like Giant, Norco, LIV, Rocky Mountain, Shimano, Sram and so much more.
Bicycle Mechanic - Rangiora
An exciting opportunity now exists for a bicycle mechanic to join the Pushbikes Rangiora team.
If you're passionate about cycling like we are, like using your hands, have good work ethic, enjoy working in a team environment and are striving for that next challenge then we’d love to hear from you.
We’re also able to provide training within this position, so if your experience is limited or nil but you have a strong desire to learn then reach out to us!
In this position, you’ll be performing,
- General bicycle mechanical work
- Suspension and shock servicing
- Wheel building
- Disc brake servicing and bleeds
- Diagnosing and updating electric bicycle motors
- Fault finding
- Quoting workshop jobs
- Assisting and liaising with customers
- Ordering parts
- Regularly up-skilling through our various training platforms
- Helping with workshop stock takes
You’ll get to work with like-minded people, service all the latest model bikes and technology, and enjoy staff discounts on your own cycling gear. Remuneration consists of a competitive income depending on experience and ability. Flexible full-time working hours can be provided, giving you plenty of time to still ride your bike.
Part-time Sales Staff - Rangiora & Papanui
Actively working with our team on the sales floor, using your passion for bikes you'll be a key point of contact for our loyal customer base.
In this position, you’ll be,
- Working within our retail environment
- Liaising with customer enquires across various platforms
- Actively helping with store presentation
- Stock management work
- Performing light mechanical work, like punctures and bike unboxing.
Current availability of between 6.5 to 30 hours per week, consisting of Saturday, Sunday and some weekday shifts by mutual negotiation. Take all, a combination or one of these. Additional holiday hours will be available.
Assistant Store Manager - Rangiora
Love systems based responsibilities?
In this position, you'll be jointly responsibility for the store in a management position. With your knowledge and passion, you’ll take on leadership for inventory management needs and be responsible for day to day procedures. You’ll also be a key point of contact for our loyal customer base, upholding a superior level of customer service.
You’ll need to demonstrate,
- Show good inventory management ability, including ordering, forecasting and working within purchasing budgets.
- Working in a retail environment
- Experience in supervising, leading and motivating a team
- Initiative to go the 'extra mile' for customers
- Merchandising and store presentation
- Show an understanding of the retail consumer
- Have a strong sales focus
- Ability to think on your feet
- Have knowledge of the bicycle industry
Remuneration consists of a competitive salary, performance bonus, staff discounts and other incentives. Flexible full-time working week which includes weekend shifts.
How to Apply
'Pushbikes' are passionate mountain bikers committed to bringing the best products and advice to their customers. Their Rangiora store has been sharing the passion and inspiring others to enjoy the sport for over 20 years.
To apply for this position please send your CV and short covering letter telling us ‘why’ you are the right person for Pushbikes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Zealand residency or a current work Visa is required.