ABUS has an answer to every bicycle trend. This Frame Lock protects your bike with extra wide tyres.
The Frame Lock SHIELD™ 5650L is the enlarged standard version of the Frame Lock SHIELD™ 5650 from ABUS. With the special version, the bicycle lock is suitable for bicycles with extra wide tyres. With an inside width of 78 mm, the lock has an extra large wheel passage and can therefore also be mounted on wheels with so-called balloon tyres. Mounting is simple and is done by attaching the lock to the rear mounts.
- 8.5 mm thick locking shackle
- The shackle, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
- Accessories can easily be fitted to the locking mechanism on the lock housing
- Extra large wheel travel (enlarged to standard version 5650)
- In the R version, the key remains in the cylinder when the lock is opened; in the NR version, it can be pulled out
Operation and use:
- Good protection at medium theft risk
- Recommended for securing good bicycles
- Specially optimised frame lock for use with balloon tyres
- LH - Easy mounting by screwing to the rear struts
- ABUS’ LH adapter strap is an alternative mounting option, which provides secure hold if there are no holes in the rear section. This adapter can be purchased in addition to this lock.
- Frame locks are a convenient protection against unauthorized use of the bicycle
- The 4960, 5850, 5650 Cable and Chain connection options significantly increase security
- The use of a second lock besides the frame lock is highly recommended
Normal delivery on most 'In-store' items is 2-3 business days (weekdays) from payment, but can take up to 5 days for items dispatched from our 'Warehouse'. Please allow up to an extra 2 days for rural delivery. Orders placed after 3pm are not processed or dispatched until the next business day (weekday).
You'll receive a tracking number once the order has left to ensure you know where this is every step of the way. If you haven't received this within 48 hours then please contact us to confirm.
Giant, LIV and Norco branded bikes cannot be shipped. They must be picked up at the store. This is part of their warranty conditions and Pushbikes dealer agreements. We're happy to process the order through the website, but you'll need to collect the bike fully assembled in-store.
All electric bikes are unable to be shipped due to the weight and lithium batteries being classed as Dangerous Goods. The shopping cart will only give 'Click & Collect' options for these.
Bikes that can be shipped are charged at two different rates, $50.00 for smaller bikes/boxes and $75.00 for full size bikes. This will automatically calculate at the checkout.
Processing of bikes can take up to 7 days if they are needing to be shipped from our suppliers.
We offer free freight on all orders over $99 in value*, and just $6 for orders under this. Regardless of the size and weight of your order we want to deliver the best value with no hidden fees. *This excludes larger items, which are charged at flat fee of $25.00.
Larger and or bulky items which carry more weight, like, bike racks, smart trainers, wheels, are charged at a flat fee of $25.00. This will automatically calculate at the checkout.
Click & Collect
Order online and collect from either of Pushbikes stores. If you're wanting to collect your order in store, please note that some items are drop shipped from our suppliers, and may not be ready for collection straight away.
Delivery time frames for Pre-Ordered items are an estimate on the delivery window given buy our suppliers or logistics agent. Currently due to Covid-19 related delays dates can change, if this happens we'll contact you to advise. Items are shipped or completed ready for 'Click & Collect' once they become available.
Returns and Warranty
You can read Pushbikes return and warranty policy here.
Please contact us with any questions.