We created CAMO (Chainline And Material Optimization) for direct mount style cranksets. Easily swap between chainrings on a whim and enjoy a variable selection of chainring options, all compatible with your selected CAMO spider or BashSpider. With no nuts or spacers involved, swapping chainrings takes less time than brewing a cup of your favorite beverage.
The CAMO BashSpider is the world's only crankset-mounted boost bash ring. This is a spider with an integrated bash ring for use with direct mount SRAM cranksets. The CAMO BashSpider pairs with a CAMO chainring to complete the CAMO System. The "rolling" ability of the BashSpider allows the rider to move easily over obstacles. Bash rings that are mounted on the crankset are better supported than bash rings that are mounted to the frame or bottom bracket, as bash solutions like ISCG 05 can void frame warranties.
This is a spider for use with SRAM cranksets that have a removable spider. Key advantages of the CAMO system include:
- Perfect chainline for wear and shifting precision
- Optimal material usage for weight, stiffness, and wear
- Spend less for chainring swapping by buying only the chainring, compared to chainrings that have an integrated spider
- Swapping chainrings is very fast with only five small bolts and no nuts
- Availability, as Wolf Tooth has many direct mount options: round or oval, stainless or aluminum, for several cranksets.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability
- CAMO mounting bolts are included with each spider.
Four different chainline options are available. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
M8 (6mm offset - dished towards the frame)
- This is for use on bikes with 135mm QR, 142mm thru axle, and some 148mm bikes. Details here on the 148mm Boost spacing.
- For use with GXP cranks and BB30 Long Spindle standard 49mm chainline.
- Praxis Works Road/CX cranks use this offset.
M5 (3mm offset - Boost - dished towards the frame)
- 52mm chainline for Boost bikes.
- Praxis Works mountain bike cranks use this offset for DM-A chainrings.
- This link explaining 148mm Boost spacing will help you decide if you need the M5 or M8.
M2 (0mm offset)
- 49mm chainline on a BB30 short spindle crankset.
- Praxis Works mountain bike cranks use this offset for DM-B chainrings.
- Super Boost (157mm rear spacing) - refer to the chart below.
P2 (plus 4mm offset - dished outwards away from the frame)
- For fat bikes that have 190/197 rear spacing but use a 100mm spindle. This is now very common on production fat bikes to keep the Q-factor slimmer
- Can be used for creating a "boost" chainline with a BB30 short spindle crankset
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile delivers ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability.
RECOMMENDATIONS / INSTALLATION NOTES
- We recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite threadlocker
Weight (CAMO Spider): M8 • 32g | M5 • 28g | M2 • 28g | P2 • 30g
Weight (CAMO BashSpider): M5 • 103g
Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
Included: ED coated steel bolts included
Made in USA
Delivery Time Frames
In-store items are shipped in 2-3 business days (weekdays) from payment. Please allow up to an extra 2 days for rural delivery. Orders placed after 3pm are not processed or dispatched until the next business day (weekday).
Items from most suppliers are shipped within 2 to 4 business days. Certain suppliers, can take up to 8 business days to ship, see the estimated delivery times on the product page for further info. If you are rural please allow up to an extra 2 days for delivery.
You'll receive a tracking number once the order has left to ensure you know where this is every step of the way. If you haven't received this within your expected delivery time then please contact us to confirm.
Giant, LIV and Norco branded bikes cannot be shipped. They must be picked up at the store. This is part of their warranty conditions and Pushbikes dealer agreements. We're happy to process the order through the website, but you'll need to collect the bike fully assembled in-store.
All electric bikes are unable to be shipped due to the weight and lithium batteries being classed as Dangerous Goods. The shopping cart will only give 'Click & Collect' options for these.
Bikes that are shippable are generally charged at $25.00 for kids bikes and $75.00 for standard bikes. This will automatically calculate at the checkout.
We withhold the right to adjust the freight charge for any bikes that fall outside of this criteria, on a case by case basis, please contact us if you would like further info on shipping a bike.
Processing of bikes can take up to 7 days if they are needing to be shipped from our suppliers.
We offer free freight on all orders over $130.00 in value*, and only $7.20 for orders under this. Regardless of the size and weight of your order we want to deliver the best value with no hidden fees. *This excludes larger items, which are charged at a rate of $25.00 to $100.00 dependent on size and weight. Rural addresses include a rural delivery fee.
Larger and or bulky items which carry more weight, like, bike racks, smart trainers and wheels, are charged at a starting rate of $25.00 up to $100.00, dependent on size and weight. This will automatically calculate at the checkout.
Click & Collect
Order online and collect from either of Pushbikes stores. If you're wanting to collect your order in store, please note that some items are drop shipped from our suppliers, and may not be ready for collection straight away.
Delivery time frames for Pre-Ordered items are an estimate on the delivery window given buy our suppliers or logistics agent. Currently due to Covid-19 related delays dates can change, if this happens we'll contact you to advise. Items are shipped or completed ready for 'Click & Collect' once they become available.
Returns and Warranty
You can read Pushbikes return and warranty policy here.
Please contact us with any questions.