Giant first introduced the SX version of the Anthem for 2015 as a more aggressive XC bike and it was really popular. People loved it. The SX is a based on the 27.5 Anthem's 100mm travel frame, but adds a dropper post and a beefed up front-end with 120mm of travel, larger brake and a wide bar/short stem combo. It slots in between the Anthem and Trance as a light trail bike. Perfect for the XC racer who likes to mix it up with a Flying Nun run or three.
This year's Anthem SX gets Giant's redesigned dropper post with a 125mm drop. This is good news as their previous ones only went up to 100mm drop.
The rest of the spec ticks all the boxes.
- Rockshox Revelation RL 120mm fork
- Rockshox Monarch RT Debonair (nice) shock
- SRAM X01 1x11 drivetrain with carbon cranks
- SRAM Guide RS brakes, 160/170mm rotors
- Giant PTRX-1C 27.5 Composite wheelset (really nice)
There's really not much wanting an upgrade here. Great bike in a sweet colour.