Homemade Mountain Bike Mudguard
Step your DIY game for winter with a Muc-Off Recycled Mudguard!
Muc-Off's Nano Tech Bike Cleaner bottles last, and are made to be refilled using a Bike Cleaner Concentrate so you can re-use until your heart’s content.
But before you throw out your empty bottle, regardless of the condition, there’s still use for your old Nano Tech Bike Cleaner bottle.
Introducing the Muc-Off Recycled Mudguard.
This simple and FREE recycling project was a way for Muc-Off to ensure every bottle is used to its maximum lifespan potential, all the while delivering valuable use to the rider throughout.
For this project, you’ll need:
- Cutting Mat (or a smooth surface you can slice on)
- Hole Puncher
- Cable Ties
From there, the steps are as follows:
- Print your template on an A4 sheet and cut the Mudguard template out.
- Using a knife, slice your bottle of Nano Tech Bike Cleaner open at the shoulder and heel of the bottle (if you’re unsure, place your template on the bottle to ensure you have enough height).
- Cut your bottle lengthways exactly opposite the Muc-Off logo (for best logo placement) with scissors.
- Flatten the remainder of your Nano Tech Bike Cleaner bottle (inside facing down) by taping it to a cutting mat, then place the template on top and slice around it with the knife.
- With a hole puncher, cut holes using to the template and install on your bike using cable ties.
Voila! You now have yourself a free mudguard which will help keep the muck off your face and limit grime build up on your down tube too. Not only that, but your recycling efforts have also helped protect the environment in the process too. Enjoy!
Content reposted from https://muc-off.com/blogs/the-how-to-hub/muc-off-upcycled-mudguard